Do you have a heart to make an impact in multicultural communities within the Kansas City metropolitan area? The Peace Ministry is how we are answering the call to “seek peace” in our city as laid out in Jeremiah 29:7…
“And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive,
and pray to the Lord for it; for in its peace you will have peace.”
Why Partner with Us in Peace Ministry?
Praying for and serving our neighbors and “the least of these” in our communities is a way to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world (Matthew 25:31-46). Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we have the potential to bring healing and restoration to individuals, families, and communities, reconciling the world to Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).
Living on Mission in Multicultural Communities
The Peace Ministry . . .
- Creates multicultural opportunities to love our neighbors. (Ephesians 2:14, 4:1-6)
- Connects our church body with “the least of these” for long-term service opportunities, ministering to the materially poor, the prisoner, the brokenhearted, the oppressed, the immigrant, and the refugee. (Matthew 25:31-40, Luke 4:18)
- Celebrates the power of the gospel to reconcile people from every tribe, language, and nation. (Revelation 5:9-10)
Programs for Peace
The Peace Ministry serves and reaches multicultural communities in the Kansas City metropolitan area through...
The Hope Center serves economically vulnerable youth and families in Kansas City’s east side, helping them developmentally and spiritually.
Serving at the Hope Center allows you to extend hospitality and participate in gospel-driven activities in the community youth participants reside.
Here’s What to Do
- Sign up. Simply click the “sign up” button below the program that interests you to get signed up.
- Talk to a Peace Ministry team member. After signing up, a Peace Ministry team member will reach out to you within 7 days to discuss training and the next steps to getting involved.
- Be the bridge between multicultural communities and the gospel. As you serve in the Peace Ministry, you will find that God moves in your life as you move in the lives of others.
Getting Prepared | Live Sent Class
Live Sent, a 6-week course offered on Sundays, is an experiential class designed to help train and prepare you to serve and work with multicultural communities. This class is not required for you to serve. However, it does help you see God’s plan to bring every tribe and every nation to Himself by serving our neighboring communities.
You Will Learn…
What God's Word says about His heart for the nations
What He is doing
in the local community
What it looks like
to live life on mission
Seek the Peace of the City
Serving in the Peace Ministry is a great opportunity for God to move through you to impact the lives of refugees, children, families, young adults, and the underprivileged.
When you don’t allow God to move you out of your comfort zone, you won’t see Him move in your life and others in mighty and unexpected ways.
The Peace Ministry is here to help fulfill the Spirit’s calling on your life to “seek the peace of the city.” We are on a mission together to see lives changed by Jesus through this powerful ministry.