To live out the gospel, you must have the desire to see lives changed by Jesus. It is living in such a way that you are “preaching the gospel at all times, using words when necessary.” This common saying depicts how to live out the gospel in an expressive way—being living proof of a loving God.
To Live Out the Gospel Means This…
To know how to live out the gospel, you must be living proof of a loving God to a watching world.
- Our mission is to see lives changed by Jesus.
- Our vision is to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world.
We desire to live out our faith in every way, discovering more about God and following His lead to how He wants to see us impact those around us.
Our heart is to reach the lost, help followers of Christ grow in their purposes, serve those around us, and make God known to a hurting world.
In Paul’s letter to the Corinthian church, he described meeting people where they were for the sake of the gospel. This is how to live out the gospel in our daily lives. Paul ends verse 22 with this, “I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.” The New Living Translation (NLT) says it this way, “Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.”
- “For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”—1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Don’t be afraid to meet people where they are! Find common ground fro the gospel’s sake.
How Abundant Life Lives Out the Gospel
- Ministering to families, kids, students, and young adults
Families and young people are critical to the future of our nation, the world, and the Church. At Abundant Life, we have ministries that equip, teach, support, and prepare families, young kids, older kids, and young adults.
Our Family Ministry is on a mission to train, teach, and disciple families. We want to see grandparents, parents, and kids equipped with resources so they can engage in spiritual conversation to help the next generation flourish. Check out the Family Ministry page to learn more.
Our Abundant Life Kids’ Ministry is a safe place for your children to discover what it means to follow Jesus. Every Sunday, Abundant Life Kids does a Bible lesson, plays games, and has fun in a creative, safe, and relevant way. Check out the Abundant Life Kids page to learn more.
Our Fusion Student Ministry is designed for middle and high schoolers to receive relevant biblical teaching throughout the week. They learn about Jesus in a fun way they can understand. They discuss how to live out the gospel in practical ways at this stage of life. Check out the Fusion Students page to learn more.
Our Paradigm Young Adult Ministry is for 20-30 somethings who want to apply biblical principles to their lives and grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus. We want to meet this critical age group wherever they are in their faith journey and prepare them to make empowering decisions that will impact the rest of their lives. Check out the Paradigm Young Adult Ministry page to learn more.
- Seeking peace of the city
It is written in Jeremiah 29:7 that we are to “seek the peace of the city… pray to the Lord for it, for in its peace you will have peace.” The Peace Ministry at Abundant Life is how we answer the call to seek peace in our city. Our heart is to make an impact in multicultural communities within the Kansas City metropolitan area. We do this by creating opportunities to love our neighbors, connecting with the “least of these” for long-term care and service, and celebrating the power of gospel to reconcile people from every tribe, language, and nation. Check out the Peace Ministry page to learn more.
- Meeting the needs of our community
The Bible is clear that we are to feed those who are hungry, welcome the stranger, and care for the least of these. When we, as Christians, show love to others, it reflects our devotion and service to God. Loving others is a sign of faith. Jesus said how we love others reflects how we see Him.
One way Abundant Life loves others is to meet their basic needs with food, resources, and clothing. Check out the Abundant Life Food Pantry page to learn more.
- Going and making disciples of all nations
The Great Commission is stated in Matthew 28:19-20 to “go and make disciples of all nations.” At Abundant Life, our Global Missions Team crosses cultural boundaries and shares Christ with people worldwide. We discover and execute strategies that reach the nations by loving and serving people from Cambodia to South Sudan/Kenya. Check out the Mission page to learn more about upcoming trips and ways to serve.
Bible Verses that Describe How to Live Out the Gospel
Our unique family, kids, students, and young adult ministries live out the gospel, serving those within the biblical community and encouraging them to grow.
- “Children’s children are the crown of old men, and the glory of children is their father.”—Proverbs 17:6
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”—Proverbs 22:6
- “Let no one despise your youth, be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”—1 Timothy 4:12
- “…but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.”—2 Peter 3:18
Our unique community outreach programs through the Peace Ministry and the Food Pantry are practical ways to live out the gospel. We are loving and serving our neighbors and seeking peace for our city.
- “I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”—Ephesians 4:1-3
- “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recover of sight to the bling, to set at liberty those who are oppressed…”—Luke 4:18
Our Global Missions Team equips, trains, and enables Christians to live out the gospel, ministering to nations around the world. They are uniquely going and making disciples, just as Jesus commanded.
- “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’ Amen.”—Matthew 28:18-20
Are you ready to live out the gospel? Join us Sundays at one of our 3 locations and be inspired and encouraged to live out your faith in your family, community, and around the world.