Serve Opportunities/Need Help
Over the age of 60 or have a compromised immune system?
Has the coronavirus pandemic created extreme hardship for you or someone you know and immediate help is needed?
Want to help?
Important Ministry Update, 3/18/2020
This season has provided all of us with an incredible opportunity to rely on God more and share the hope of Christ through our actions. I have attached a video for you to view and I want to share some things for you to be aware of starting this week.
You will hear from me and some of our ministry team throughout the week about what God is showing us through His word. We will be providing resources to you as a family, coaching tips to lead your family, and information about how to minister to your church family and our community. Stay tuned to our website and social media pages for updates.
We are evaluating how to best minister on a daily/weekly basis while also following government regulations. Here are some current updates:
- Weekend Services – Our Sunday services will be live-streamed for now to comply with state regulations. We will be communicating with you regularly to let you know when we will resume our regular Sunday activities. You can access our live stream on our website, YouTube, or Facebook. Our website link will offer the most stable viewing experience.
- Any ministry that regularly meets onsite is currently postponed until future notice. Please check the webpage or social media page for further information.
- AL Counseling Center - Our counseling center is still seeing clients, and Wellness Group members will be contacted via email with updates.
- Paradigm Young Adults Ministry – We will provide weekly video teaching.
- Love KC, Women's Retreat, and BSF – These events are postponed.
- Prayer Ministry – This ministry will be going virtual, and there will be more info to come.
- Groups – Groups are encouraged to follow current government regulations and social distancing. We encourage you to stay connected with your Group and meet via Skype, Zoom, or another video platform. We encourage you to check out the resources offered on RightNow Media. We will also provide additional resources for ministering to your neighbors and community via email.
- Fusion – We will provide weekly video-based teaching, and daily prayer and devotional topics will be posted on social media.
- Journey Kids – The Journey Today Show will be posted weekly, and families will receive a regular weekly teaching curriculum via email on Sundays. You can stay engaged and get resources and updates from the Journey Kids Facebook page.
- Food Pantry – Beginning March 22, the Food Pantry will be open Sundays from 1:00 - 3:00 pm and Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00 - 6:00 pm. We are using a drive-through distribution system, so you will stay in your vehicle and groceries will be placed in your vehicle for you. This service is open to everyone.
- Care Ministry – If you are an Abundant Life member over the age of 60 or you have a compromised immune system and are concerned about going out in public, we are available to bring you a bag of free groceries, help with grocery shopping, pick up medication, run essential errands, or bring a meal to your home. If we can help you, let us know by filling out this form.
If you are an Abundant Life member, and the coronavirus pandemic has created extreme hardship for you and immediate help is needed, please communicate your needs by filling out this form.
If you are willing and able to serve those in our community we have a variety of opportunities, such as bagging groceries at the Food Pantry or volunteering at a grocery store. Please sign up here.
Important information regarding Abundant Life services for Sunday, March 15.
In the last thirty-six hours, we've seen a whirlwind of announcements about the coronavirus, including the mayor of Kansas City and Jackson County declaring states of emergency and calling for limits on large gatherings. As of Thursday morning, we anticipated holding Sunday morning services at both campuses this week, continuing our current sermon series, and encouraging people to be at church.
As the day progressed yesterday, our view changed. We have been in contact with the Jackson County Health Department and have made the decision this morning to suspend live in-person services at our Lee's Summit and Blue Springs campuses and offer our service online only this weekend. This was not an easy decision to make, but we want to honor our governing officials while loving our neighbors and doing our part to slow or minimize the spread of the virus. We will reevaluate this decision on a week-by-week basis.
I will share a message this week about how we can be the church in times of uncertainty because our mission as the church has always been about more than Sundays. We are actively discussing the best way to love and encourage our community and our people during this time. Will you join me in praying for opportunities?
Just because we won't meet in a building this Sunday, our church continues to serve our congregation and community. Watch your email for opportunities to serve individually or in smaller groups. Please continue your financial support of the work of the ministry. Many of you have set up your tithes and offerings to be automatically given. If you haven’t, you can give online at livingproof.co/give. It's safe and easy.
You can continue to stay in touch by following us on social media, on our website, and by downloading our app.
Pray for our church, our community, and our nation during this time.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update, 3/10/2020
At Abundant Life, we want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. As you’re aware, the coronavirus disease – or COVID-19 – continues to make headlines as new cases are confirmed in the United States and worldwide and now in the Kansas City metro area. Although the situation changes by the hour, we are monitoring it through the CDC and the World Health Organization.
We are asking you, our Abundant Life family, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Kansas City Area.
Please be mindful of the guidance from the CDC including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, ears, nose and mouth.
- If you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks of the virus, please follow the CDC guidelines.
- Our staff is following the same guidelines regarding CDC guidelines.
We want to make sure you know that our church is putting greater focus on prevention and has taken precautions to keep you and our campuses as protected as possible:
- The facilities team already does a fantastic job of maintaining cleanliness on all of our campuses. We have implemented more aggressive sanitization measures to clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Our children’s ministry will continue to clean and sanitize all toys and equipment in Journey Kids on a weekly basis.
- We enforce our existing Kids Sickness Policy: Children should be 24 hours fever-free, have no discolored nasal discharge and no diarrhea.
- Global Serve Teams are being postponed and we will evaluate on a weekly basis if/when they will be rescheduled.
- We are staying up-to-date with our city, state and federal health guidelines.
Here are three ways to get the latest updates and event information regarding Abundant Life:
- The easiest and quickest way to stay up-to-date with us by downloading our app.
- You can also receive our latest updates by following us on social media (Facebook and Instagram).
- All event information is posted on the website.
Here are four ways we invite you to stay connected:
- You can watch the live stream from our services on Facebook or by clicking Watch Live at livingproof.co or through the app.
- Families can subscribe to the Journey Today Show to stay up to date on what Journey Kids are teaching each week.
- You can give by texting the amount to (816) 282-6525 if you attend the Lee’s Summit Campus or to (816) 484-3322 for Blue Springs Campus or visit our website at livingproof.co/give.
- You can communicate with us by phone (816) 554-8181 or email email@example.com.
We will continue to keep you updated should we need to adjust events and schedules.
We remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening and we are standing in God’s truth and on His word.
In Psalm 46, we are reminded that it is God who is our refuge and strength, and our ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, let us not fear, but with confidence use this opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus through our prayers and our care for others.
Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.