When and What Is Love Our City?
Love Our City is on Saturday, April 22, 2023. It is an opportunity for Abundant Life and more than 45 different non-profit organizations across the greater Kansas City area to work side-by-side to serve and love the people of this great city.
“We love to serve the Kansas City metro, love to partner with non-profits to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world,” said Pastor Phil. “Kansas City’s people are unique and diverse. They work hard, and we want to serve them because they matter.”
Love Our City is an outreach opportunity to work with non-profits and more than 1,500 volunteers to…
- Bring people together to help restore the inside and outside of various homes and more through Habitat for Humanity
- Feed hungry families by organizing and preparing items in warehouses through Harvesters
- Bring about community transformation by building garden beds and hosting a neighborhood block party through Eleos Ministries
- And so much more!
Abundant Life Has Been Participating in Love Our City for 7 Years!
Since 2016, Abundant Life has participated in this outreach event, fueled by the passion for seeing lives changed by Jesus.
For 7 years…
- More than 7,000 volunteers have participated in the event
- On average, 45-50 organizations are served
- Approximately 300 hours have been given to various communities, projects, and people
For 7 years, volunteers have…
- Planted trees and flowers
- Put together care packages and boxes for cancer patients
- Deep-cleaned offices, warehouses, and more
- Delivered food to homeless
- Given blood
- Cleaned up parks
Why Does Abundant Life Participate in Love Our City?
We want to make a difference in communities in Jesus’ name. We want to empower others to do the same in their communities.
What difference would we see if we all stepped out in faith and loved our cities? Not only would individual lives change, but we would also see neighborhoods, towns, cities, and families restored and revived, stepping into the abundant life God offers through Jesus.
- Families in need would be empowered and find safety through interim housing because of organizations like River of Refuge.
- Children in extended care facilities would have family nearby because of places like Ronald McDonald House.
- Low-income families could have affordable housing, and neighborhoods would be strengthened through places like Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity.
- Needy children would have safe and comfortable beds because of organizations like Sleep in Heavenly Peace.
These are only a few reasons Abundant Life participates in the Love Our City event and encourages others to make a difference in their local communities too.
How Can You Get Involved in Love Our City?
- Check out the Love Our City page. There you will find more than 75 service opportunities in the Kansas City metro area.
- Sing up to serve.
- Be used by God to create life change!
Start a Love Our City Event in Your City!
Pastor Phil said, “Imagine if ministries and churches came together and poured into their amazing local communities! So much would shift. We are excited to serve and be a part of a strong community and encourage others to ask God how they can be living proof of His love in their communities too.”
If you start a Love Our City event in your city, we want to celebrate with you!
- Post your church or ministry photos, videos, and stories on your social media pages.
- Tag the Abundant Life Facebook
- Use hashtags #LoveOurCity, #LoveOurCityKC, #LoveOurCity____ (insert their own city)
People Matter. Communities Matter. Serving Matters.
“Being community partners is important to us. Changed people serve people and we want to serve our community. It builds relationships with amazing partners that are in the day to day operations of these wonderful organizations.”–Pastor Phil
Love Our City is an event that strengthens communities, and Abundant Life is honored to be a part of it. The Abundant Life volunteers are amazing. They step up, give to, work, and serve great communities. Their service is proof that they truly do love their city!
It’s time to Love Our City and see lives changed!