On Saturday, April 23, 2022, Abundant Life Church will partner with more than 50 different non-profit organizations across the greater Kansas City area for the Love KC event.
“We love to serve the Kansas City metro, love to partner with non-profits to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world,” said Pastor Phil. “Kansas City’s people are unique and diverse. They work hard, and we want to serve them because they matter.”
Since 2016, Abundant Life has participated in the Love KC event, fueled by the passion for seeing lives changed by Jesus. The heart behind these partnerships and participation is to be the living proof of a loving God to a watching world.
More than 1,500 volunteers will step up to do it all…
- Paint and refurnish furniture
- Plant trees and flowers
- Put together care packages and boxes
- Move items, furniture, and equipment
- Give blood
- Clean up parks
Who Does Abundant Life Serve in the Love KC Event?
- Young men who are going through substance abuse treatment
- Pregnant and single moms who are living in a homeless shelter
- Children living in the urban areas of Kansas City who attend a free Christ-centered school
- Newly diagnosed cancer patients
… Just to name a few.
Abundant Life Church will be sending out even more volunteers this year than in previous years to partner with and serve side-by-side with non-profits to bless the community through acts of service.
What Are Some of the Organizations Abundant Life Will Partner with for the Love KC Event?
Abundant Life will partner with more than 50 organizations in the Kansas City area. They will…
- Clean and organize facilities, warehouses, and playgrounds for places such as Heart-n-Hand Ministries
- Prepare diapers to be distributed to low-income families with Happy Bottoms
- Beatify facilities and grounds for organizations such as Journey to Life, Hillcrest Transitional Housing, Highland Park Elementary, Owl Hollow Farm, River of Refuge, Second Mile, and many more
- Put together care packages for cancer patients with Laura’s Little Bits of Comfort
- And so much more!
Pastor Phil said, “Imagine if the entire metro areas came together and poured into this amazing city! We are excited to serve and be a part of this strong community.”
Why Love KC Matters to Abundant Life
“People matter to God, so they should matter to us. Serving is essential to who we are as believers. It allows us to love and see others in a different light. Going across seas to across the street, we are on a mission to see lives changed by Jesus. Our vision is to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world.”
Love KC is an event that strengthens the community, and Abundant Life Church is honored to be a part of it. The Abundant Life volunteers are amazing. They step up, give, work, and serve this great community. Their service is proof that they truly do love Kansas City!
How to Get Involved
Want to be a part of this initiative? It’s easy! Simply email [email protected]!
Can’t volunteer this year but still want to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world?
Join the “Tip the City” on Sunday, April 24!
Here’s how it works…
- Go to https://livingproof.co/lovekc/
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Download and print off a TIPKC card.
Leave it behind with your tip when you eat out the weekend of April 22-24! This is a great way to show the heart of Jesus to others.
Join the initiative. Change a life!